Tue, 24 Oct|
BHS Innovation Center
Students In Leadership Conference
Empower Your Student’s at our Students In Leadership Conference | A Joint Venture between CURB & Host School BHS
Time & Location
24 Oct 2023, 9:00 am – 25 Oct 2023, 9:00 pm
BHS Innovation Center, 19 Richmond Rd, Hamilton, Bermuda
About the event
We are excited to extend a special invitation to you and your esteemed school to encourage your student leaders to participate in the upcoming Student Diversity Leadership Conference, themed: "Building Bridges and Empowering Change"
This invitation is for students at the Secondary level or from Year 9 through Year 12
- Conference Title: Students In Leadership- 2 day Conference
- Dates: Day One: Tuesday, October 24th – 9am to 4pm
- Day 2: Wednesday, October 25th – 10am to 9pm
- Host School: BHS Innovation Center
- Lunch & Refreshments will be provided on day one and lunch and dinner on day two.
- Closing Dance Party: Day 2: 8pm -10pm
At this empowering two-day event, students will embark on a journey of self-discovery, understanding, and leadership development. Our theme, "Building Bridges and Empowering Change," reflects our commitment to fostering a more inclusive and equitable future by empowering young leaders with the tools they need to drive positive change within their schools and communities.
Key Learning Outcomes:
1. Learning about Self and Others: Through engaging workshops, interactive discussions, and activities, students will gain a deeper understanding of their own identities and perspectives, as well as those of their peers. This self-awareness is the foundation for building bridges and fostering empathy.
2. Empowering One Another for the Greater Good: Students will learn effective strategies and practices to collaborate and empower each other in promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) within their school environments. They will leave with actionable insights to implement meaningful change.
3. Leading DEIB Work at Your School: Our conference will equip your student leaders with practical skills and tools to take a leadership role in advancing DEIB initiatives within your school. They will leave with a personalized action plan and the confidence to drive positive change.
4. Building Community and Relationships: The conference will provide a unique opportunity for Bermuda's youth to connect, share experiences, and build lasting relationships with peers from different backgrounds. These connections will strengthen the sense of unity and community among our youth.
Registration Information: To register your student leaders and reserve their spots at this transformative event, please email Executive Director of CURB on email@example.com or by calling 707-1496. We encourage early registration to ensure participation as spots are limited.
We believe that your school's participation will greatly contribute to the success of this conference and the broader mission of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion across Bermuda's educational landscape.
Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to support you in every way possible.
Thank you for your commitment to empowering your students and fostering positive change within your school community. We look forward to welcoming your student leaders at the Student Diversity Leadership Conference 2023.
Stacey-Lee Williams, Executive Director
Citizens Uprooting Racism Bermuda
Carol Swainson, Principal
Host School: BHS